Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Meatrix

At first, I didn't take the Meatrix episodes seriously but then they actually made me put my thoughts into a new perspective.  We have a mindset of where we think our meat comes from, and we try to avoid the reality of where it really does come from.  It is common for individuals to think our meat comes from the typical family farm and do not realize that the meat comes from animals that are factory farmed.

While I was watching the several videos, I couldn't help but think about if factory farming was occuring anywhere near where I live.  Since these types of farms are often hidden amongst many different towns, I would not be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with what you said about it giving you a new perspective on where our food really comes from. When I am buying food, I never really think about where it is actually coming from and how the animals were raised, feed, and grown. It is scary to think that the food we are eating is coming from animals that are being feed artificial hormones and antibiotics. It really makes you think about how society has changed their focus on producing food by making everything bigger, faster, and quicker, whether or not it is right or healthy.

    ReplyDelete